Internal Medicine Jobs in Chicago
Friday · August 18, 2017
1 Job in The Windy City
Photo: World famous Chicago Theater since 1921.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Hines) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- The Edward Hines, Jr.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Training for TelePrimary Care delivery will be provided as needed.
- Possible signing bonus!
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Hines, IL.
- Full benefits (see below).
- You will provide outpatient primary care services via both TelePrimary Care and face to face.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- How is the pension funded?
- Individual Pact teams consist of a provider, RN, LPN and clerk.
- This is a "gap" position that will augment existing Patient Aligned Care Teams (Pact) at our six outlying outpatient clinics in Bourbonnais, Hoffman Estates, Joliet, North Aurora, Oak Lawn, Peru Illinois, as well as at the Hines VA Hospital.
- Disability Retirement.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- You will also be supported at each primary care location by local clerical and clinical support staff.
- No Physician Employment Contract!
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- For calendar year 2017, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- 10 Federal holidays with pay.
- Hours: Days - 8 am-4:30 pm, M-F.
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any United States State is permissible to work at this facility.
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year!
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- VA Hospital in Hines, IL (located in the western suburbs of Chicago) is actively recruiting BE/BC internal medicine and family medicine physicians for a full time "gap" outpatient primary care opportunity.
- Competitive salary plus annual performance bonus.
- Dragon dictation system available if desired.
- Transportation time to/from duty station to the other primary care clinic locations will take place during the candidate's duty time, and will be supported by government vehicle.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- At end of career, unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service for retired pay purpose!
- CME: Possible $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement + possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- This position will also initiate our TelePrimary Care program, a delivery of Primary Care virtually, which, in time, will eliminate the need for the incumbent to travel.
- You will work in well-established practice settings with well-established teams.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago