Internal Medicine Jobs in Chicago
Wednesday · June 26, 2019
1 Job in The Windy City
Photo: World famous Chicago Theater since 1921.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience but has a potential compensation of $300,000.
This permanent internal medicine job (Morris) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Know your schedule in advance in case you'd like to switch days.
- Nightly admissions/orders are covered by ED.
- Work with a cohesive team - 75% of our hospitalists today have been working together for the last 4+years!
- Long-standing Emergency & Radiology Department with great reputations!
- 7on/7off/5on/9off schedule: in a 28-day period (incl.
- NO Paid Time Off, but you do accrue time for extended sick/Fmla leave.
- Our advanced imaging services provide comprehensive diagnostic and interventional therapies.
- Team takes care of 75% of inpatients.
- Lakshmi Anubrolu helped start the program and currently works as our Hospitalist Medical Director.
- Receive support from our award-wining nursing staff, case management/social work departments and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments.
- Should be comfortable w/rounding in open-ICU.
- And modernizing our surgical waiting room, patient registration and lab draw areas.
- Night. The 1st hospitalist covers ED, ICU & 2nd hospitalist covers patient floors.
- Team consists of 4 FT & 4 PT physicians.
- Since 03/2018, the hospital began a $60 million master facility plan that includes expanding our ED, and renovating our cardiac diagnostic and infusion therapy departments along with renovating imaging services (new women's center!
- Renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients - done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since 1998.
- Level II Trauma Center, Level II Perinatal Care Provider, Primary Stroke Certified and we are part of an Accountable Care Organization, since 01/2015.
- Work ~12 day shifts onsite, includes taking night. During the day, 1st hospitalist works 8am-3pm, or later if needed & 2nd Hospitalist works 10am-7pm.
- No procedures needed.
- Our hospital offers 24/7 Stemi Coverage with state-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Lab, Dialysis, radiation therapy services and much more!
- Work alongside 1 other hospitalist & Aprn daily - hospitalist census ranges from 30-40 total patient encounters, split between physicians & Aprn.
- 1 wknd, possibly 2 depending on how the 28-day rotation works).
- Hospitalist Aprn works 8am-5pm M-F, helping with increasing hospitalist volumes, care coordination and discharge planning.
- Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians since inception, circa yle="">Dr.
- Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base Salary, eligibility of a very achievable yearly Quality Bonus (up to $40K), Medical Edu.
- B/C Pulm-CC physicians round in ICU every AM & are available on-.
- Work with an integrated & financially sound health system with a strong financial bottom-line!
- Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has a hospital-employed opportunity for a 4 th BC/BE Internal Medicine Hospitalist (experienced or new graduate) to work with a cohesive team 1hr southwest of Chicago in Morris, IL.
- Loan Assistance ($20K yearly), Relocation Bonus & Assistance ($28K), Annual CME & General Expense Allowance ($3K each), Awesome Health Ins (50% discount, for you and your dependents), Life, and Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, and Annual Wellness Incentive.
- One hospitalist covers all night.
- Access to friendly partners & great specialists - medical staff of > 200 physicians covering 38 specialties, who provide great quality care to patients in the surrounding 7 zip codes and 11 communities.
- 24/7 telepsych available with InSight, our inpatient psychiatric team for ED and inpatients - they provide consultations, planning and recommendation of a shared patient care plan.
- Receive extra pay for shifts greater than your full-time commitment.
This perm job from Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers was last open on Apr 22.